Awards & recognitions
The high standards at Brook Lodge have always been recognised and appreciated by guides and tourist organisations, as well as by its visitors.
- Right up to its last publication Brook Lodge was one of only three establishments recommended in Stratford by the independent Good Bed and Breakfast Guide (Which? Books).
- The annual inspection by VisitBritain National Quality Assessment Scheme regularly awards Brook Lodge the 4 star* and Silver Award** in the Guest Accommodation category.
* 4 Star requirements: Excellent standard throughout
* Gold or Silver Award for quality that exceeds the star rating
SCORE ACHIEVED FOR THE CURRENT YEAR:
- The Food Hygiene Inspection Rating* scheme introduced by the District Council accredited Brook Lodge the Gold Award.**
* “Scores on the Doors” is a national public information service where you can find the official local authority hygiene ratings for food businesses. www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk
** The Gold Award to Brook Lodge was given with a 5 out of 5 score and for a High Confidence in management, Very Good Hygiene and Safety and Very Good Structure.
- Brook Lodge is also highly positioned in the Stratford Guest Houses section of www.tripadvisor.co.uk
and scores 9 out of 10 on www.Activehotels.com (April 09)
and 8.6 out of 10 on www.booking.com (April 09)
"We recently stayed at Brook Lodge for a couple of days and were very impressed with the accommodation. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean and nice and quiet. Barbara and Giovanni were very welcoming and helpful in suggesting places to visit. We would definately stay there again and would not hesitate in recommending Brook Lodge to our friends and family"
- Quote taken from Trip Advisor
I booked a stay of one night with two friends initially. We arrived an hour early, not knowing what to expect. Giovanni, the owner, let us book in anyway and was really friendly, and even upgraded us to a suite for no extra cost! It was only a one mile walk up the straight road into the town centre (past Morrisons and the train station if you're interested). I was so impressed that I booked again four days later and took my 4 year old son with me! We got a fab welcome when we arrived...Anne Hathaway's cottage is a 10 minute walk across the road and there's a great little kids' park next to it for the evening if you want... The next morning, we had a lovely breakfast, catered just the way we asked for it. My son even had little chicken egg warmers on his boiled eggs and Barbara made him toast soldiers to go with it. I had such a perfect stay (both times) at Brook Lodge and will definitely go back! I can't imagine what anyone would be looking for in order to fault this place....?!
"Delighted to be upgraded. Room very warm and comfortable. Tea/coffee facilities welcoming on arrival. Excellent breakfast. Friendly staff. Information in hall useful. Great parking facility."
- Quote taken from Booking.com
"Giovanni the owner was wonderful. The breakfast was spectacular. The facility was quaint, comfortable, and convenient. This was our best lodging in Europe during our two week stay."
- Quote taken from Booking.com
"Easy parking. Comfortable bed. Friendly hosts. Nice breakfast. Very convienient location. All the big things you look for were in place. Biggest plus was the ability to book for 1 night only."
- Quote taken from Activehotels.com